Boarding Mission Statement
Statement of Boarding Aims
At Cheam School we aim to:
- Develop the whole person, a desire for the truth and a respect for others.
- Produce an open and trusting ethos in which all children feel that they are able to approach any member of the community (staff or pupil) confident in the knowledge that they will be treated and respected as individuals.
- Create an atmosphere of tolerance, openness and trust.
- Provide a range of activities, hobbies and pastimes that will assist in personal, social and cultural development of each child.
- Safeguard and promote the welfare of each child, in providing an environment that is, as far as possible, free from physical hazards and dangers of any sort.
- Provide accommodation that is comfortable and suited to the needs of children and which affords adequate levels of privacy.
- Develop the child's responsibility for self, others and the environment.
- Develop children's qualities of leadership and being able to work as part of a team.
- Provide suitable conditions for children to feel able to turn to members of staff to share the good things in their lives as well as being able to turn to them for advice, counselling and support in times of difficulty.
- Provide new experiences which are fun and exciting.
- Provide a safe and caring environment in which you can relax after a busy day.
Our Boarding Philosophy
“Boarders should live in an environment that is happy with a good family spirit and a strong sense of community.
As well as being fun, it should be a caring, safe and positive environment. It should be a home-from-home – a place where each child is known and cared for as an individual.
The opportunities at Cheam are endless and all the staff are here to help the children so that they get the most out of their time here.
Your prep school days should be remembered as some of the best days of your life.”
TC January 2018